How it works
Order the service, and we’ll coordinate with you on cancelling with Yext (if you’ve cancelled already, no problem).
Cancelling Yext may leave your listings in a bit of a mess. We’ll do a comprehensive NAP variation discovery, audit, and cleanup of your listings on the most important sites.
Then we’ll do additional listing creation (including some basic cleanup) on 40 more listing sites, including up to 10 industry and city specific sites.
If you ever need to update a location, just send us the details and we’ll take care of it for you for a nominal fee.
What you get
Perfect listings on the most important sites
Careful, manual work is done by our in-house listing experts to rigorously audit, clean up, and build listings on sites that matter the most to your local search presence (see site list on the right).
More listings than you had with Yext
After taking care of your presence on the most valuable and critical sites, we’ll proceed to expand your local presence across the web’s best listing sites, including industry and city specific sites. We’ll check for existing listings, request removal of duplicates, and create 40 new listings for your location. When you cancel Yext, you will only lose about 30% of your listings. The rest will stick around. We come in after and backfill the listings you lost, plus add additional listings. You’ll end up with more listings than you had when you were with Yext.
Expanded local footprint
Some of your listings will disappear when you cancel Yext, but not all of them! We’ll build you 40 new listings in addition to whatever is left over — so you’ll end up with a significantly larger local footprint than you had with Yext (depending on your situation, this could be upwards of 100 listings)!
Ongoing support (without a recurring fee)
New phone number? Change of address? No problem. We’re always available to push updates to all the sites we work on. Fire us an email with the changes you need, we’ll charge you a one-time fee of $130 and manually update your listings quickly and carefully. Unlike with Yext, there’s no ongoing annual fee for this service.
📡 data aggregators
Whitespark vs Yext
Here are the biggest reasons we think you’ll be happier using Whitespark’s Yext Replacement Service.
The results are better
Yext’s automated system often misses many inconsistencies and doesn’t address duplicates at all unless you’re a large enterprise or agency partner. Our dedicated listing team leaves no stone unturned in the pursuit of perfecting your listings on all the most important sites.
It costs less
Whitespark costs less up front and way less over the long term, thanks to our manual approach that doesn’t lock you into a recurring fee.
Do you really need to be paying every year for your local listings?
You own the listings
Listings created with Yext are tied to their system (and your continued patronage). Listings we create are completely independent. You’ll have a username and password for each one — just as if you created them yourself!
- After moving to a new location for the third time in my fourteen year career, I hired Whitespark for a Citation Audit & Clean-up Service after reading positive reviews on DentalTown. I found Whitespark and Director of Local Search, Nyagoslav Zhekov, to be responsive, efficient, and knowledgeable throughout the process. Once the project was complete, it was very evident that I made a smart decision hiring the experts at Whitespark instead of using the “do-it-yourself” approach.
- The team at Whitespark was easy to work with and helped me with my business address change promptly & painlessly. I’ve worked with them before on citations, and that was great too! Highly recommended.
- Whitespark, specifically James Dreesen, did a great job with our citation cleanup and audit. The customer service was fantastic all around and it was a successful venture. They were easy to reach, very nice to talk with and extremely fast. I have nothing but great things to say about Whitespark.
- I had Whitespark do a citation clean up for my dental practice. They did everything as advertised. Well organized, very efficient, and easy to communicate with. Couldn't have asked for better service, and we have already noticed our Google rankings have improved!
- I've worked with Whitespark from agency side to in-house over the last 4 years. Whether it's for a small-medium business or a large fortune 500 company, Whitespark has delivered superb results. They demonstrate their authority and knowledge of local SEO in Canada and continue to be on the leading edge. I would highly recommend Whitespark to anyone looking for a reliable and results driven local SEO company.
- One of the first things we do when we take on a new client at our SEO agency is run them through a Whitespark Citation Audit & Clean-up Service. It’s quick, easy, and almost always results in an increase in search positions.
Currently available for US locations only
Better service. Lower cost.
YEXT REPLACEMENT SERVICE
+10 industry/city listings
+30 quality local listings
You’ve got questions. We’ve got an FAQ section.
How does Whitespark's model differ from Yext's?
Clients come to us for the following benefits over the Yext model:
- One-time fee rather than recurring
- Own your listings instead of renting them
- Complete and proper listing clean up
- Focused on the most important sites
- Industry and city specific sites included in package
- Lower cost and year over year savings
Which sites will this service cover for me?
Our in-depth audit & cleanup will cover the most important sites, which have the biggest impact on your local search performance.
These sites are:
- Google My Business
- Apple Maps
- Dun & Bradstreet
Our supplemental building of 10 local/city listings + 30 more quality listings is done in addition to the above sites. The work on these additional 40 sites is also done manually, and we do a basic review and clean-up wherever possible, but our focus for these is building out additional volume. We start at the top of our list of the most valuable sites, check for a listing, if there isn’t one we create one, and if there is one (and it’s correct), we move onto the next site. Since many of your Yext listings will stick around, you’ll already be listed on most of the top sites on our list, you will end up with MORE listings than you had with Yext.
What happens when I cancel Yext?
When you cancel your Yext subscription, an estimated 60% of your listings may either disappear or revert to their pre-Yext state (which, in many cases, will include incorrect info).
But no worries! Our team will go through your listings, clean up any inconsistencies that have surfaced on the sites that actually matter, and then add your business back to any sites that dropped your listing.
Yext tells me I need to "lock" my listings. Is that true?
In our experience, this is just a scare tactic from the Yext sales team. The primary “lock” they’re interested in is locking you into your ongoing subscription with Yext. You do not need to worry about locking your listings. Once they’ve been cleaned up properly at the primary sources that feed other sites, they’re not going to change to have incorrect information. This is why we focus our cleanup on the core 11 sites in our Yext Replacement Service. When your data is accurate on the primary sources, it will remain accurate across all the sites that pull from the primary sources.
How do I cancel Yext?
Most users can cancel Yext from their Account Settings page on the Yext website (large enterprises may not have this option). However, this will only prevent your subscription from renewing. Your Yext listings will remain active until the end of your billing period.
Listings need to be fully “released” from Yext in order to get the most from our service, so we recommend that our clients request immediate cancellation and release of listings by contacting Yext directly. You may even be able to get a prorated refund!
When should I cancel Yext?
We recommend cancelling Yext (and getting your listings released) about 2-3 weeks before we start our audit process. We’ll be happy to coordinate with you on this to ensure optimal timing. In general, you’ll want to sign up for our Yext Replacement Service about 1 month before your Yext subscription expires.
Will I lose rankings if I switch from Yext to Whitespark?
While it can be hard to predict exactly what might happen when you make any kind of significant change to your local footprint, our clients’ results are typically a net positive. Rankings often surpass their previous state a few months after the switch.
What happens when I need to update a location?
You probably don’t need to do this that often, which is one of the biggest drawbacks of Yext’s recurring pricing model. But when you do, we make it easy to get listings updated — be it a new phone number, change of address, or an update to your operating hours. Just let us know which location needs updating, give us the applicable information, and we’ll get your listings updated within 2 weeks. There is a one time fee of $130 per location to perform these updates. Most businesses don’t change this info very often, if ever, so with Whitespark, you only pay for updates when you need them.
Can this service be white-labelled?
Absolutely. All our reports are delivered unbranded, and we can work through an email account on your agency’s domain. Just select the “white-label” option when you place your order.